The FBDCA 2024 National Specialty will take place October 5-11, 2024, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The hotel is the Marriot Indianapolis East at 7202 E 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219.
While we don’t have all the answers, I can provide you with some initial information:
1. Cindy Knox, Show Chair and Sheila Smith Co-Chair will be making a site visit in early March. So this information may change after that visit.
2. Hotel telephone number is 317-352-1231. Reservations are currently open. One reservation per member household unless approved by Sheila Smith or Cindy Knox. If you cancel your reservation within one week of the national you will be responsible for your entire reservation should the FBDCA be required to pay for your room. This has been a problem in the past and we hope to resolve this in a manner that is equitable for both you and the club. By one week you know if you are coming or not and should address your reservation promptly.
3. RV – This has been an issue for the planers has been some confusion with the hotel. There are NO RV spots. No electric, No Sewer and No water. The hotel will allow you to park your
RV for $50.00 per day with no services. We are aware that there is a KOA located at: 5896 West 200 North, Greenfield, IN 46140, telephone: 317-894-1397 or Lake Haven 1739 W Edgewood Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46217. We are not responsible for either of these options nor are we
4. Committees are as follows:
a. Show Chair – Cindy Knox
b. Co-Chair – Sheila Smith
c. Show Treasurer – Susan Misch
d. K- 9 Drawings Chair - Anita Mayhill-Demoski and Angie Schleyer
e. Trophy Chair: Christie Perry, Co-Chair Pam Sbarro-Dillon
f. Awards Banquet – Paul Raleigh
g. Vendor Chair – Dick Simon
h. Performance Chair – Tina Grimes
i. Health Testing – Mary DeLisa
j. Hospitality Room Chair – Mary Marks
k. Top 20 Chair – Nicole Denny
l. Ringside Chair Auction – Anita Demoski
5. We need the following: Reserved Grooming Chair, Judges’ Hospitality Chair to include ringside hospitality6. Logo wear should be available in a couple of weeks. No one other that people on this committee has the right to use the logo.
If I have skipped anyone please let me know